Plug the gaps in your network's infrastructure with resilient network security models
- Develop a cost-effective and end-to-end vulnerability management program
- Explore best practices for vulnerability scanning and risk assessment
- Understand and implement network enumeration with Nessus and Network Mapper (Nmap)
Digitization drives technology today, which is why it's so important for organizations to design security mechanisms for their network infrastructures. Analyzing vulnerabilities is one of the best ways to secure your network infrastructure.
This Learning Path begins by introducing you to the various concepts of network security assessment, workflows, and architectures. You will learn to employ open source tools to perform both active and passive network scanning and use these results to analyze and design a threat model for network security. With a firm understanding of the basics, you will then explore how to use Nessus and Nmap to scan your network for vulnerabilities and open ports and gain back door entry into a network. As you progress through the chapters, you will gain insights into how to carry out various key scanning tasks, including firewall detection, OS detection, and access management to detect vulnerabilities in your network.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will be familiar with the tools you need for network scanning and techniques for vulnerability scanning and network protection.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt books:
- Network Scanning Cookbook by Sairam Jetty
- Network Vulnerability Assessment by Sagar Rahalkar
What you will learn
- Explore various standards and frameworks for vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- Gain insight into vulnerability scoring and reporting
- Discover the importance of patching and security hardening
- Develop metrics to measure the success of a vulnerability management program
- Perform configuration audits for various platforms using Nessus
- Write custom Nessus and Nmap scripts on your own
- Install and configure Nmap and Nessus in your network infrastructure
- Perform host discovery to identify network devices
Who this book is for
This Learning Path is designed for security analysts, threat analysts, and security professionals responsible for developing a network threat model for an organization. Professionals who want to be part of a vulnerability management team and implement an end-to-end robust vulnerability management program will also find this Learning Path useful.